Statement of intent
It is our intention to make Bambinos Childcare Centres accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community.
We aim to ensure that all sections of our community have access to the Nursery through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
In order to achieve this aim, we operate the following admissions policy.
• We ensure that the existence of Bambinos is widely advertised in places accessible to all sections of the community.
• We ensure that information about Bambinos is accessible - in written and spoken form - and, where appropriate, in different languages. Where necessary, we will try to provide information in Braille, or through signing, an interpreter or through the local authority.
• We arrange our waiting list in birth order. In addition our policy may take into account the vicinity of the home to the nursery; and siblings already attending the nursery.
• We keep a place vacant, if this is financially viable, to accommodate an emergency admission.
• We describe Bambinos and its practices in terms which make it clear that it welcomes both fathers and mothers, other relations and other carers.
• Bambinos and all its practices treats all individuals, regardless of their gender, special educational needs, disabilities, background, religion, ethnicity or competence in spoken English with equality, respect and fairness.
• Bambinos and its practices ensure children with disabilities are able to take part in the life of the nursery and are included in all aspects.
• We monitor the gender and ethnic background of children joining the group to ensure that no accidental discrimination is taking place.
• We make our equal opportunities policy widely known.
• Bambinos is an equal opportunities employer.
• We consult with families about the opening times of the nursery to avoid excluding anyone, including sending out parental questionnaires and parent consultations.
• We endeavour to be flexible about attendance patterns to accommodate the needs of individual children and families.
• We never discriminate against any child or family on the grounds of sex, race, home background, religion/faith, nationality, ethnic origin or disability.
• We offer home visits to all age children before they start nursery to help the child/children settle into nursery more smoothly.
• We work closely with health colleagues and require all parents/those with parental responsibility to bring in their child’s Health Record Book (known as the red book) upon enrolment or to the first settling-in session. The duty manger will enter the nursery details in the back pages.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of Sara Richards and Jemma Honey
Held on 1st September 2017 - Signed on behalf of Bambinos
Policy to be reviewed within 12 months